Friday, January 3, 2014

Camo mittens for the goober

My son is obsessed with camouflage.  Why?  I have no idea.  We don't hunt.  We don't go hiking much.  We're a pretty normal, every day family.  What's with the camo obsession?  I guess because he's 8 and that's what 8 year olds do.  Last fall, he asked me to knit him some gloves.  While I'm pretty good at learning new things quickly, I wasn't ready for that challenge yet so I made him a pair of mittens.  He's 8.  He can still get away with mittens, right?  Anyway.  Finished product image:




No.  He's not happy about getting them at all.

So what do you think?  Did they turn out alright?  I'm thinking of making my daughter some mittens next out of this soft purple yarn she loves.  As obsessed as my son is with camo, my daughter is with purple.

The next few years should be awesome fun.

No comments :